Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Phone Call

After returning home from a trip with my best friend, my husband gave me a message to call the lady. He said "she wants to talk to you about Sam, but don't you buy that horse". I was afraid to hope, because this couldn't have come at a worse time. I just couldn't afford to buy another horse.

A couple of days passed and I finally got up the nerve to call the lady. She told me that she wanted to know if I wanted Sammy. I said "Of COURSE I do, but I can't buy a horse right now". She said "oh no hon, I don't want you to pay for her, I just can't take care of her anymore and knew you would want her. And if you do you can come and get her". You could have pushed me over with a feather. I was somewhere between tears and screaming at the top of my lungs. I ask if I could come and see her that night and she agreed but was not going to be home, so she told me which field to look in.

My best friend went with me and neither one of us could believe our eyes when we pulled into the drive. Sam was one of the better looking on the approximately 13 horses on the place. If it were not for Sam's white markings I wouldn't have believed it was her.

No comments: